Legendary Pontic lyra player Gogos Petridis (1917-1984) was a pioneer of his time. His unique playing technique of the traditional ‘hardcore’ Pontic music repertory including table songs, the so-called ‘epitrapezia’, as well as songs that include different types of rhythms, made his style of performance practice unique. What was remarkable and distinguished Gogos from all other lyra players was his ability to introduce new musical ideas and performance techniques on the Pontic lyra borrowed from other traditional musical instruments. He was able to adapt the playing technique of the clarinet, the violin and the Greek bouzouki on the lyra in a way that when it came to performance, the instrument sounded sweet and melismatic without spoiling the original sound of the lyra. Learn with me this repertory and master your playing technique. Send us your favorite Gogos Petridis YouTube link or an mp3 file at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel the energy of this amazing style of playing the lyra. Introducing a contemporary performance practice on the Pontic lyra is an exciting and challenging process. Master your technique. Master the lyra! Push the boundaries and improve the endless musical possibilities of the lyra!
Frequently Asked Questions
Pontic Lyra Frequently Asked Questions section contains questions most commonly asked by students.
Do you have a question?
You can send your questions in English to email@example.com
The steps to make a booking
1. You have already chosen the BEGINNERS level.
2. Pick an available date and hour from the calendar (one lesson at a time)
3. Click on BOOK and complete the booking (the following steps for electronic booking are in English).
Terms and Conditions
- Students should be ready with all their equipment (musical instrument, devices necessary for the internet connection) 5 minutes before the lesson starts.
- If a student delays the starting process of the lesson, the duration of the lesson cannot be extended due to having back-to-back lessons.
- In the event of a power cut or a network connection problem lasting for more than 10 minutes, the lesson will be rescheduled as soon as possible and the student will be notified via email.
- Cancellations refunds are given only when a lesson is cancelled at leasted 48 hours prior to the starting time.α
- A cancellation of a lessong can be made at least 48 hours prior to the planned lesson.
- The vouchers/passcodes are given after the payment process is completed and are valid only for that partucularly lesson.
- For any technical issues and problems concerning the website, please contact our support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a student wishes to book more than one lesson, please repeat the same booking process using the calendar.
- Lesson/s will not take place before full payment is made. In order to confirm your booking, please send your payment receipt to email@example.com.
- An invoice for every completed lesson/s will be sent via email within two weeks.
- Prices include VAT.
- According to the Personal Data Protection Law No. 4624/2019 and the Regulation No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament’s Personal Data Protection Authority, it is forbidden to record and repost any content of the lesson on social media.